Lawrence A. Ajalat is responsible for the firm's estate planning practice. He has advised, prepared, and implemented estate plans for thousands of clients. Due to his expertise in this area, Larry is regularly asked to lecture on topics such as estate planning for young married couples and estate and gift planning directed to older persons.
In addition to his estate planning practice, Larry handles real estate and property matters.
Recently, he has been involved in a number of notable and complex deals including:
- Successfully obtaining a six-figure judgment on behalf of a homeowner against a defaulting contractor;
- Representing an NFL player in researching and negotiating the purchase of two real properties in California;
- Representing a trustee in forcing the sale of trust property;
- Defending a mortgage broker in defense of a fraud claim and a homeowner against claims of damage made by their Homeowner's Association;
- Prosecuting non-disclosure actions against a seller and the seller's agent;
- Several different matters involving the disputed ownership of land;
- An action for partition of real property where one owner did not want to sell; and
- Cancellation of the transfer of a property based on fraud and undue influence.
Larry also handles guardianship proceedings that are often required as a condition of settlements in Sol's vaccination claim matters.
Outside of his legal practice, Larry enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, in addition to playing racquetball and softball.
- J.D., Southwestern Law School, 1997
- B.A., Loyola Marymount University, 1994
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- Saint Nicholas Cathedral (Board of Directors, 1999-2006)